1 January 2008

Looking back at 2007













I have just realised I haven't blogged for a while. I have knitted quite a few things from my stash since I last blogged so very soon I'll upload a few more photos. I've done a Rowan Studio design textured waistcoat, a Rowan ribbon twist sleeveless pullover and probably lots more I can't quite remember.... Must be getting old!

At the moment I am knitting Hanne Falkenberg's Promenade shawl in colourway 7 - red, tomato, orange, fuchsia, cyclamen. I'm on the home straight: the shawl is knitted in three pieces. You do the back first, then pick up/cast on the right front (only 600+ stitches on one needle!!) and finally get to do the same with the left front. It's beautiful and I am once again agog at Ms Falkenberg's design talents. However, it is a little frustrating that each row takes about 40 minutes at the moment. Thankfully you decrease by 4 stitches every other row so things do get quicker. I shall probably have a break from HF after this and see what else in my stash takes my fancy.

Here are some photos of the promenade - a bit out of date as I have got a lot further than the photos show but I can't locate my camera at the moment. Probably still lurking in the bottom of my handbag after my son's 7th birthday party on Saturday. oh well....

Happy New Year!!!

No comments: