13 September 2007

Crochet? What's crochet?




I decided to buy some 4 ply Jaeger cotton earlier in the year - the colour was just gorgeous (a sort of dark bluebell/hyacinth blue which they call "lobelia"). And Kangaroo were having a sale so I couldn't resist, could I????

Anyway, the pattern is another Rowan one, from the same book as the kidsilk haze wrap and the white beaded cardigan (boy, am I getting my money's worth from that book!). I was fine on the knitting bit but was a bit fazed by the crochet instructions having only done a bit of very basic crocheting as a child. Thankfully, I have the Batsford book of crochet and by following it step by step, managed to do the crochet edging. I'm pretty pleased by the way it has come out. The pattern calls for wooden beads on the safety pin but I decided to go for something a bit shinier and a mother of pearl bead at the end which picks up the blue in the yarn.


No comments: