24 February 2008

Rogue hoodie is on the needles

I've decided to knit something both functional but with lovely design details and Rogue Hoodie fits the bill. A lot of my recent knitting has been dress up rather than down in its styling - Mermaid, Clovelly, various Rowan patterns which require some thought about wearing... I want something I can pretty much fling on without much thought but which will still please me when worn and again, Rogue fits the bill. I found some Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran on ebay at a lovely low price - in a French navy which will be practical. The yarn is soft but so far seems to be displaying the cables nicely. Only time will tell as to whether it is a durable as I'd like. Chances are it won't be - it's Debbie Bliss and it has cashmere in it - but it could well become a firm favourite. I've got as far as picking up stitches from the back of the kangaroo pouch at the front so there is a lot of knitting still to do. I'll dig out my camera soon to show progress.

No comments: